A day in the life of an Applications Analyst III at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor lower level Application Analysts.
- Installs/upgrades new/existing applications and components, configures application settings, and validates work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
- Assists in the coordination of end user support activities.
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings throughout the facility. Coordinates and runs meetings within the IT department.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application Analyst¿s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Provides input into policy and procedure redesign.
- Functions as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of three years of IT experience preferably in healthcare or related field.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Works independently and effectively manages time with little or no supervision.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
- Collaborates with other team members across the department.
- Demonstrates self-direction.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Epic Certification in OpTime/Anesthesia
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience integrating the following vendors hardware and software, GE, Mindray, Draeger, Capsule, Philips, Nihon Khoden.Project management skillsKnowledge of HL7