Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for an Applications Analyst to join our Episys SymConnect Support team. The Applications Analyst is primarily responsible for credit union software installation and configuration. The role ensures that all phases of the implementation process is completed within the boundaries of service level standards. This position acts as a subject matter expert to support clients and vendors in troubleshooting connectivity and technical issues related to the product. This position can be based in San Diego, California, Allen, Texas or remote.
- Minimum of 10 years of operations experience in a financial institution, or a technical support role.
- Previous experience in providing phone support to customers.
- Experience providing troubleshooting on connectivity and 3rd party interfaces.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous credit union experience.
- Strong knowledge of data conversion methods.
- Strong knowledge of software platforms and operating systems.
- Able to successfully install new or enhanced software applications.
- Able to train customers on use of software applications.
- Able to communicate with customers and provide outstanding customer service.
- Able to perform troubleshooting and involve appropriate resources to resolve.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Customer service oriented.
- Experience with Episys core database and functions.
- Experience with using SOAP UI.
- Experience with using AIX.
- Provides remote or on-site software installation services. Ensures software applications are installed and fully functional.
- Prior to the installation, analyzes the customers’ existing products and consults with customer to map current system to the JHA product.
- Consults with customers to define parameters within the software application.
- Trains the customer on use and feature functionality of the application.
- Communicates the customer’s needs/expectations to appropriate personnel.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any application issues.
- Interacts with Project Manager on various issues.
- Mentors and provides training to employees. May provide input to the performance appraisal process.
- Contributes to process and efficiency improvements
- Contributes to overall product development cycle
- May assist customers in validating accurate conversion of all data.
- May analyze transaction processing.