The Hospital for Special Surgery Research Administration is seeking an IT Software/Applications Administrator to joining our efforts in providing functional applications support to our Lawson Grants Management and electronic IRB Systems. Responsibilities include evaluating existing applications and assisting process owners in leveraging the use of in-house technology, generating databasereports and analyzing data for accuracy. The individual must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, work effectively in a team environment and possess the ability to meet deadlines.
- Function as the applications lead for all post-award Grants Management system related projects, tasks and interfaces (Primarily Lawson)
- Develop and facilitate ad-hocreporting, data queries, and dashboard performance reporting.
- Research and evaluate best practices for system applications
- Provide the first level of functional support to users with application and process issues, in order to maintain consistency and standards throughout the enterprise. Relay technical issues to the Information technology Systems Administrator.
- Identify system application issues and patches needed to maintain system integrity and performance. Monitor applications performance and recommend improvements.
- Maintain user security roadmaps and grids according to user roles and responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in database and system application support and development
- Experience with and knowledge of Accounting/Financial systems, specifically Lawson, a plus
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Knowledge of Windows-based hardware and software applications required, including proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
- Ability to translate technical application language into business/user processes
- 5 or more yearexperience using Crystal Reports
- 3 or more years using SQL to query complex relational databases and validatereporting results
- 3 or more years of experience with various computer software and HER applications. Lawson preferred.
- Possess the ability to determine the level of effort to accomplish requested tasks
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the challenges and reporting needs of the organization
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools