Application Systems Engineer - Senior
Position Title: Application Systems Engineer - Senior
Position Number: 260466
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Desired Skill Set:
Networking, SCADA, Spanish, SQL Server, SSRS, Stored Procedures, VPN, Windows Server 2008
Position Title: Application Engineer
Location: ALPHARETTA GA 30022
Start Date: 7/17/17
End Date: 1/16/19
Note: This candidate must have a valid and current passport and must be fluent in Spanish.
Moderate travel (10-40%) and occasional after-hours telephone or email support.
Occasional International travel for a week or more to perform site audits and upgrades.
This position does remote support and preventive maintenance, and as the person will be fluent in Spanish will travel to Spanish speaking countries as part of a team to be translator in addition to engineer.
Customer facing position providing remote and on-site support of industrial control and plant monitoring systems. Our systems are located mostly outside the US. Typical installations are interconnected control and management information systems consisting of a small number of Windows servers, monitoring workstations, and a variety of industrial controllers.
Typically remoting in to remote systems to perform routine maintenance, break-fix and application troubleshooting.
Support engineers are sometimes called on to train system operators and administrators on use and maintenance of the system.
Support engineers occasionally travel to international facilities for a week or more to perform audits, troubleshooting/break-fix, or upgrades.
Occasionally support engineers are ''loaned'' to development teams with the engineer working on-site during installation and deployment of new systems.
• Proactive monitoring of system operation and performance.
• Respond to email, phone calls, and trouble tickets to troubleshoot and assure high system availability.
• Document issues, solutions, and troubleshooting steps required to discover solutions.
• Development of scripts and SQL Stored Procedures to automate routine maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
• Create knowledge base articles describing problems and solutions.
• MS Server OS and Desktop Support
• SQL Server
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
• Industrial control, automation, communications, or process monitoring - SCADA, PLC
• Remote Administration
• Systems Integration
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• Familiarity with Microsoft workstation and server products including SQL Server.
• Strong problem solving and detective skills - knowledge of and understanding of Windows system troubleshooting tools and resources for solving "never before encountered" problems.
• Familiarity with non-PC based computer systems such as industrial controllers or embedded computer systems in industrial applications.
• Basic understanding of electrical circuits.
• Demonstrated ability to write and debug SQL queries and stored procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to configure basic networking switching equipment - Ports, protocols, VLANs
• Ability to work with users from many cultures and varied skill levels.
• Working inside the box - working within specified reporting, documentation, and regulatory requirements and procedures
• Thinking outside the box - versatility in finding sources of information to solve problems.
• Attention to detail
• Multi-tasking, handling conflicting priorities and triage.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• 5+ years relevant experience
Send me a reminder to complete this application
ernational is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.