At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Core Data Services (ECDS) delivers industry-leading horizontal Data as a service solutions across lines of businesses. This includes client due diligence, cross sell/analytics, reference, common tools and services for data in all lines of business and for customers within Wells Fargo. The goal of our platforms is to provide high quality, standardized, innovative solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and efficient way.
The incumbent will work within Wells Fargo Platform and Application support team, partnering with development teams, product owners, scrum masters, and with other technology centers of excellence. The production support engineer is responsible for engineering new solutions to improve platform and application stability, including ensuring all availability, architecture, quality, security, support and risk/compliance standards are met for applications in the (ECDS) portfolio.
The Platform and Application Support team provides technical consultation and support for data applications and programs. The ECDS Support team has knowledge of the environments, software, function, performance, availability, capacity and data. We need a diverse talented group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment and timely availability of data assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core services platform and applications.
- Solve problems related to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, software, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Troubleshoot and mitigate problems in mission-critical systems. Advise the team during postmortems on effectively avoiding repeated incidents
- Troubleshooting user reported issues and escalated issues
- Assisting production support team members with user reported issues and escalated issues
- Serving as a subject matter expert for other team members regarding data and application functionality
- Partnering with EGS/offshore production support team
- Works with development teams to identify improvements in applications
- Supports application Technology risk execution and compliance initiatives.
- On call support for the Enterprise Core data Services systems.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ Years of Production support and incident management experience in a UNIX environment
- Previous scripting experience in one or more areas: Java, Perl, Python, BASH, PowerShell
- 3+ years of data management experience using Informatica, Data Quality, Address Doctor tools.
- 3+ years database management experience in Oracle and/or teradata.
- 2+ years experience supporting applications utilizing ETL tools – Informatica and/or Abinitio
- 1+ years CI/CD experience using Jenkins, Udeploy, Github, Ant etc.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Experience with network theory e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks, mutexes, semaphores, monitors and how they work).
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Monitoring and instrumentation tools, App Dynamics, ITRS Geneos, Splunk and Tableau reporting.
- Knowledge in performing root cause analysis and creating Preventive Actions.
- Experience in sending out mass communications for application outages, file delays and/or server patches.
- Understanding of server client relationship.
- Ability to analyze server logs and/or database logs for issue resolution.