The Application Systems Analyst develops application and business integration solutions. Uses a variety of programming languages, platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers.Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations.
- Responsible for having the knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems.
- Responsible for understanding and leveraging approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assisting with issues.
- Responsible for understanding the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area.
- Responsible for acting as an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior staff. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursues Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Application Systems Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Solution Architect and Technical Solution Architect levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 4 years systems experience.
- 3-5 years experience in database design, data modeling, data integration, ETL and Informatica PowerCenter while influencing those around them in a way that allows the team and others to learn and improve.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience developing with DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server or other relational databases
- Strong background in Informatica (ETL tools)
- Experience with multiple scripting languages for both Unix/Windows systems
- Experience with scheduling tools such as Control-M or CA-7
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and Financial Service's business processes.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- Desire to take on & learn new technologies & applications
- Self-starter – take ownership of applications & related technologies
- Experience developing systems with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of COBOL in order to support read/send of mainframe files