Less than 5 years
Posted 138 days ago
UCF IT is seeking an experienced Enterprise Applications Development Manager. This position is responsible for leading and managing an ERP Development Team throughout the entire application lifecycle including the design, implementation and maintenance of assigned mission critical ERP systems. This position will partner with stakeholders to improve business processes an provide Enterprise level solutions.
Responsibilities include leading a team through highly complex, concurrent projects for multiple constituencies and developing standards and practices that direct the day to day operations of an Enterprise Applications Development Team. Successful candidates will be driven to solve problems and achieve high standards of custom service and be able to effectively communicate to a wide-audience, including staff within IT as well as our University partners. Successful candidates will possess a strong PeopleSoft applications development and functional background, will have demonstrated experience leading technical project teams, and be passionate about developing others and forming high performing teams.
• Assumes leadership, management and supervisor responsibility for the design, development, and implementation of application development, enhancements, and support of assigned mission critical Universities ERP system, Oracle PeopleSoft; ensures adherence to detailed programming procedures and change controls.
• Extremely strong technical and functional understanding of PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning systems and related business processes. Specifically PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and Customer Relationship Management systems.
• Responsible for managing custom bolt-on solutions.
• Interface with vendor account managers for problem review and escalation.
• Act as Relationship Manager to assigned functional offices and work to understand the business needs.
• Maximize team performance through the coaching and training technical staff and contribute to hiring and retaining the best possible team.
• Manage integration with internal and external 3rd party systems.
• Reviews project requests; assesses user needs; develops proposed solutions to meet user needs.
• Serves as project manager for application development projects; develops objectives, timelines, assigns resources, work activities; plans, directs, coordinates, reviews, and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems/challenges; develops and maintains standard project documentation and reporting.
• Coordinates and oversees staff responsible for technical support, analysis, and programming to ensure complete and appropriate use of the PeopleSoft system.
• Responsible for staying abreast of functionality released by vendors that may impact existing system functionality or provide new system features.
• Be an IT leader in the continuous improvement of IT processes.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft administrators and DBA’s.
•Experience managing PeopleTools upgrades and the implementation of vendor patches.
• Demonstrated ability to independently and efficiently manage an Enterprise Development team.
• Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of information technologyexperience.