Under general supervision, responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining operating systems workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Project planning skills.
• Proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
• Strong customer service & support skills.
• Ability to gather, analyze, report and present information.
• Ability to learn new environments, design systems, and develop solutions with little or no documentation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Analytical skills to determine incident & event root cause.
• Ability to train & educate others.
• MS Server Administration 2008 and up
• IIS / Apache
• Scripting knowledge is a +
• Ability to query SQL
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or 5 years of relevant experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in IT systems and network administration.
• Experience supporting Windows operating systems.
• Experience supporting Linux operating systems.
• Experience with networking concepts & technologies including LAN/WAN technologies, network equipment, protocols & other communication systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• 3 years of experience in a healthcare information systems management role.
• 3 years operational experience in a hospital setting.
• Experience with SolarWinds monitoring tools.
• Change management experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certification.
• SolarWinds Certification.
• Industry recognized certifications in ITIL.
• Industry recognized certifications in IT Systems Administration such as Server & Network.
Job ID: 264972