Application Support Specialist
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an Application Support Specialist to join the client-facing Information Technology Services team in our Chicago office.
The Application Support Specialist is the first line of defense responsible for support of client association web applications. This position is crucial to the daily delivery of managing our IT user support queue application. The Application Support Specialist works on issues as far as they can, ultimately resolving them or escalating to the tier II team.
This individual will also be involved in additional website, database and development projects in conjunction with providing daily tier I application support. This position will also support client events onsite, focusing on badge and lead retrieval event technologies.
What You Will Do
- Provide support to end users on a variety of systems
- Translate technology concepts into business language for application end users
- Respond to telephone calls, email and requests for bug reporting or technical support
- Identify, log/document and research technical problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Perform Q&A responsibilities for project and task level work (testing, test case writing, content maintenance, website assessments etc.)
- Work with the development team to clarify and ensure adherence to business requirements
- Responsible for configuration, troubleshooting and resolution of basic issues related to client systems
- Escalate issues to the appropriate resource in a timely manner
- Perform ongoing tests to verify accuracy of client tracking
- Investigate ways to improve current technology and business processes
- Facilitate communication with client teams and internal resources
- Work with all levels of individuals on cross-functional teams both inside and outside the technology realm
- Support badging and lead retrieval event technologies onsite
This Role Might Be for You If You…
- Have experienceworking within technological environments and are enthusiastic for learning new technologies
- Possess a basic understanding of HTML and content management systems (not a developer position)
- Can demonstrate a history of being able to thrive in a fast paced client application support environment
- Have practical experiencesupporting website development
- Possess basic problem-solving and project participation skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to effectively work on a team, as well as autonomously
- Have demonstrated the ability to learn on the job, adapt quickly and effectively
- Are adept at multi-tasking
- Are detailed oriented, both technically and organizationally
- Possess strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Can showcase a history of meeting multiple simultaneous project deadlines
- Are able to travel 15-20% to provide event technology support
- BS/BA required
- 5-7 years of related experience
- A demonstrated understanding of the SaaS (software as a service) business & technology model
- Knowledge, usage and/or management of membership, CRM, or social networking systems
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace.
By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path.
In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position