The Applications Support Specialist – PS Financials Payments provides application support to end users on a variety of issues/support for Applications including PeopleSoft Modules – Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Expenses, Travel Authorizations, as well as Document Management system, Content 7 or ImageNow, and Norwegian Expenses System, Unit4.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the configuration, setup, maintenance, customizations and implementation of PeopleSoft Financial application and ImageNow application to Oceaneering specifications.
- Lead all worldwide business units & service lines to ensure compliance with overall company PeopleSoft and ImageNow Financial application initiatives.
- Develop and maintain executive approved PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow application business programs.
- Define business requirements to meet PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow application business imperatives.
- Lead executive approved PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow application initiatives/priorities with management, end users, IT and other support organizations.
- Lead testing of all PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow application solutions, process and functionality to ensure delivery of quality solutions.
- Interface with the Business to resolve PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow application related issues, including data quality and system performance.
- Proactively develop “best practices” and standards.
- Develop systems’ interfaces with other enterprise system owners to ensure that business processes are streamlined and business goals are achieved.
- Lead document configuration and testing of financial modules to Oceaneering specifications.
- Ensure effective organizational change management for PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow application including training, communications and organizational alignment.
- Maintain a website on the Oceanet dedicated to the PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow system which provides information to financial end users and Core Team on matters related to System financial policies and procedures, end user problem resolution, frequently asked questions (FAQs), etc.
- Measure and report on the impact of the PeopleSoft Financial and ImageNow application on business process efficiency, effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Participate in upgrade teams.
- Possible travel both domestically and internationally.
- Work closely with both internal and external customers, as required.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of experience on PeopleSoft version 8.8 or higher required,
- A general knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials payment modules: Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Expenses
- A general knowledge of Document management systems
- A general knowledge of additional PeopleSoft Financials modules: Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, General Ledger, Project Costing, Billing and Contracts.
- Highly competent in business process development, analysis and continuous improvement with the PeopleSoft domain.
- Experience with software lifecycle including data conversion and system testing.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials multi-currency environment(s).
- Solid team leadership and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of the following: MS Word, MS Excel, Access and the internet.
- Master Degree.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.X.
- Working knowledge of interfacing with other PS production environments and third party applications.
- Prior experience with SQL.
- Prior experience with scanner hardware and software.
- General understanding of the various host application (PeopleSoft) modules integrated with ImageNow and how implemented & used by business users at Oceaneering.
- Proficiency in installing & troubleshooting and analysis. Analyze log files and read/interpret programming code in system scripts.
- Proficiency in writing SQL database queries for reporting, metrics, and data analysis.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and accomplishing work
- Checks the accuracy of own and others' work