We are looking for Application Support Specialist for our client in ???Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Application Support Specialist
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position will be responsible for software testing and project management for projects to which assigned.
- Aspects of this job require significant interaction with internal customers, moderate interaction with external vendors and relying on independent judgment.
- This position receives general supervision from management and operates at a moderate level of independence.
- The incumbent will be responsible for application expertise; troubleshooting and customer support in the areas using distributed software in both in-house custom software and cloud based SAAS solutions.
The scope of responsibility:
- Possess sufficient knowledge and expertise to work independently through each of the phases of the software development life-cycle on medium to large sized projects
- System Administration - Responds to customer reports of problems, system performance anomalies, and /or general inquiries. Includes application code troubleshooting and design, programming, testing, and debugging of software patches/fixes
- Key technologiessupported in this role are: Microsoft Office 365? Exchange, Office 2016 Products, SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive, Power BI and Teams. Experience with WebEx or other on-line collaboration tools along with Identity Management tools and processes is important for the successful candidate
- Requirements/Systems Analysis - Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding. Includes analysis and documentation of business processes and functional requirements
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the business environment
- Translates functional requirements and prepares detailed program specifications from which programs will be written
- Possess general knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with regard to relevant software administration tools
- System Configuration and Custom Scripting -Responsible for design, configuration, scripting, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Prepares activity and status reports regarding the activities to which they are assigned and any other duties and/or responsibilities as may be determined appropriate by the employee?s direct supervisor
- Project Management -For small projects, responsible for identifying appropriate resources needed, developing project plan/schedule, scheduling and facilitating project meetings, coordinating activities of project team, and reporting project status to both management and customer.
- Possess knowledge of and, with general supervision, is competent to serve in a role of Project Manager for medium to large projects
- Responsible for project plans, time, cost estimates, design specifications, and/or other documentation associated with projects, tasks, or applications to which they are assigned
- Consult and collaborate with personnel in other technical departments to coordinate activities