The WorkJam Application Support Development team is a growing, unique, dynamic group with plenty of energy, technical skills, and ideas. The role of Application Support Software Developer is to work with the application support team to provide technical troubleshooting and solve complex problems for our customers around the world.
You will be investigating problems and developing innovative solutions, interacting and consulting with team members companywide and supporting certain development operational (DevOps) activities.
- Support and maintain the back-end services that power our consumer-facing applications that deliver a seamless, rich experience within and amongst our product offerings whether on Web or Mobile Platforms. iOS, Android, Smartphone, Tablet
- Support and enhance the foundations for a distributed Web application architecture, maintaining a high level of performance quality
- Exemplify our standard for quality of application development with elegant, scalable, clean code
- Collaborate with a team of experienced engineers and support professionals
- Work collaboratively within the APAC team to continue driving world class customer experiences, and have fun doing so!
What you need to bring to this position:
- BS Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Java development experience within a professional software environment
- Applied knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Overall Java knowledge (core internals, threading, …)
- Experience working with NOSQL databases (i.e. Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping Frameworks ( i.e. Spring-Data etc.)
- Practical experience implementing RESTful web services using JSON.
- Worked within an Agile Development Methodology (Scrum) as well as Kaban
- Eligible to work in Canada (Citizen/Permanent Resident)
- Collaborative individual who works well in a team, or individual setting
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Quality driven, customer focused
- Energy and passion