The Application Support Manager will lead a team responsible for the support of applications. The Application Support Manager is empowered to establish and implement standards and practices to ensure the highest degree of operational stability and quality. They work with application development management and staff to ensure adequate, proactive involvement of application development staff and software development teams. The Application Support Manager works to deliver project results and value to the business and its clients. The Application Support Manager demonstrates knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle. Reports to a Director or Sr. Manager and typically has between 3 and 5 years of management experience, including project and people management.
- Ensure operational teams are staffed with appropriate resources
- Ensure the Application Support staff is engaged throughout software development lifecycle
- Evaluate performance on a quarterly basis, coaching/mentoring, and assist in creating Individual Development Plans for career growth
- Forecasting resourcing & staffing needs and effectively utilizing all available resources
- Partner with QA, Architecture, Engineering, Development and Project Management groups as appropriate
- Oversee and set the direction for the organization, ensuring reliable and stable infrastructure for the applications
- Establish and track metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels
- Oversee the execution of multiple projects in a simultaneous environment ensuring deadlines are being met, including metrics for quality and security
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices and operating standards
- Identify and escalate potential concerns related to project initiatives and recommend viable solutions
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current,
- Maintain proficiency with Application Security requirements and best practices
- Must have Application Development management experience.
- 5+ years leading IT organizations in a fast-paced application development environment.
- Must have application or technoloy support experience.
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of various quality programs/standards (TQM, ISO, Application Security, etc.).
- Experience in the brokerage industry/financial background experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to influence others.
- 4 year college degree.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of requirements above.