We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, in to life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
The Application Support Manager will lead, mentor, and support a team of passionate technical support professionals. SmileCheck Support provides technical support for both internal and external customers for our proprietary software systems, as well as escalation support for production system issues. You will be responsible for supporting a culture of high performance within our SmileCheck Support team.
- Provide training and support for team members.
- Ensure service level agreements for support queues are maintained and tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicate delays in resolving issues to the Director of Technical Support.
- Triage system issues with the L2 support engineers.
- Ensure escalations are documented and handed off to L3 application support.
- Document and maintain documentation for support policies and checklists.
- Current technology stack includes: AWS, Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Vue, Bootstrap, jQuery, Git.
- Oversees work schedules and on-call rotations to ensure all operational hours are supported.
- Develop and present support metrics reports on a regular basis.
- Implement and direct continuous service improvement initiatives and methods.
- Establish and monitor SLA's for all elements of helpdesk services.
- Ensure Support Engineers serve as the customer's advocate and liaison with other support teams and tiers.
- Works as a member of the support team in resolving technical issues.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Eagerness to tackle problems outside your core competencies and learn new technologies as required.
- Experience working with high-performing, distributed teams.
- Experience with both traditional RDBMS platforms such as Postgres or MySQL but also exposure and experience to NoSQL based platforms such as MongoDB and elastic search.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Proficiency in Git.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) .
- Understanding of Development Operations and server architecture.
- Familiarity with and competency in using server logging tools like New Relic, Sentry, Logentries, and others.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or demonstrated industry hands-on experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in Engineering, technical support, DevOps, or open source development with 2+ years in a team lead or management role
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.