XL Fleet seeks an experienced application support engineer to support the design and development of electrical and electronic systems for hybrid electric, plugin hybrid electric and full electric vehicle product lines.
About XL Fleet:
XL Fleet is on a mission to electrify the global fleet of commercial vehicles. We know this mission can only be successfully with the right talent.
XL is a high-growth commercial vehicle technology company. We are developing and producing cutting-edge technology to convert conventional vehicles into hybrids, plug-in hybrids and zero CO2 drive systems to reduce fuel consumption and to generate a compelling return on investment for fleet customers. Our customers include transportation, municipal, and utility fleets.
XL was honored as one of Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work in 2018. We are an ambitious and small (but rapidly growing) team. We have a state-of-the-art engineering facility in Boston, California and Detroit and a production facility in Quincy, IL. We are looking for high-energy, creative, and ambitious professionals to join our team. We offer a competitive salary, meaningful equity compensation, 401k (with a company match), outstanding health benefits, progressive paid-time off policy, and a fun, productive and team-oriented work environment. We are recruiting candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers and are excited by the prospect of tackling the challenges of rapid profitable growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Be a liaison between Service and Engineering teams for customer service needs and lead root cause analysis of field failures of XL components with an eye towards recognizing trends in field failures.
- Act as a “first point of contact” for the XL Service team in diagnosing and troubleshooting vehicle issues by leveraging XL’s data system
- Cross functional team collaboration with mechanical, electrical and software teams to address customer issues.
- Travel on-site if needed to address electrical, mechanical and software/ firmware related requests.
- Address upcoming production firmware support needs as XL expands its product line.
- Maintain diagnostic tools to facilitate in field vehicle diagnostics and troubleshooting and upcoming production platforms. When necessary work with engineering to develop diagnostic tools or take hands on role in developing appropriate tools.
- Leverage XL’s data system to observe incoming customer data and alert Service teams on potential service needs. Work closely with Service team to ensure they are prepared for the service visit.
- Be capable of developing any special software/ firmware needed to troubleshoot in-field issues
- Be capable of developing and implementing firmware fixes to address field issues
- Work closely with vehicle firmware team to integrate software changes/ fixes in development pipeline for future firmware releases.
- Work closely with service team to develop a searchable system to document issue-diagnosis-action for various in field software and electrical issues
- Minimum 5 years, direct or related, automotive testing experience
- BS degree in Mechanical, Software or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to independently carry out job assignments
- Possess electric vehicle high voltage experience or training
- Competence using electronic test equipment, oscilloscopes, power analyzers, voltage and current probes, DMM.
- Excellent computer skills (general PC, internet, and network use; MS Office use)
- Proficient in performing electrical repair and assembly work
- Experience constructing and debugging test fixtures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and support engineering development work
- Mechanical and electronics fabrication skills (machinery fabrication tool use, soldering, circuit board build and debug)
- Comfort with integrated circuitry
- Effective verbal and written communications (the candidate should be able to describe work accomplishments or concerns)
- Excellent teamwork skills while working under pressure
- Motivated, eager to face new challenges provided by an emerging technology product company