Transplace is looking for an enthusiastic Application Support Engineer to join our IT Development Support team. The Application Support Engineer works with Development team to support applications in our Transportation Management System (TMS). The technology stack includes Java EE, Oracle PL/SQL, Weblogic, Tomcat, and Linux/Windows.
The IT Development Support team promotes and supports an open office work environment where members actively work together and collaborate with other teams to provide technical support to our internal and external customers. The Application Support Engineer works off tickets assigned to the Development Support group, they will Troubleshoot and diagnose TMS application problems, using Transplace's standard development tools and integration environments.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITES
- Understand TMS application architecture and frameworks.
- Effectively identify and diagnose problems in TMS applications, frameworks, or environments.
- Provide timely support to identify root cause and/or to find temporary work-around.
- Write and execute SQL statements to select, add, and update TMS transactional data.
- Understand development tools and process to work with multiple code branches in Source Control efficiently on local application server.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- 3 years of experience in J2EE application development or technical support.
- A thorough and practical understanding of how software applications, modules, features, and functionality are designed, implemented, and deployed.
- Experience in tools and platform: Eclipse, Intelli J, Git, BitBucket, Weblogic, Tomcat, Jetty, Linux/Unix, Windows.
- Knowledge on web application architecture and common framework: JSP, JSF/RichFaces, Seam, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, and jQuery.
- Experience in building and maintaining a local development environment, following the prescribed Transplace development guidelines needed to provide troubleshooting capabilities for any Transplace application or framework.
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL to view and update transactional data.
- Basic experience in capturing and documenting important information regarding issues and solutions applied to tickets.
- The attitude and determination to stay focused on results and deadlines until the issue is resolved.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously. Prioritizes and organizes assignments to make efficient use of time with significant attention to details.
- Ability to consistently demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with customers, colleagues, subordinates, and supervisors in professional and constructive manner.
- 3 years of experience in IT development or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent technical knowledge