The Application Support Engineer is a member of the Application Support team responsible for supporting the applications and business processes that run our business activities. This includes application Help Desk requests for problem resolution, basic application configuration adjustments, and coordination small to medium efforts to execute report/program enhancement requests. They develop customer response and other key metrics, which will be critical to provide transparency and enable continuous improvement to take place.
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for coordinating and/or resolving application and system problems, or any incident that is disrupting the application service that business users depend on and will collaborate with other team members as well as customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Identifying and Manage Technology Solutions (25%)
- Responsible for assisting business in using technology more effectively by creating and supporting training in use of software tools
- Use complex problem-solving skills to brainstorm solutions and utilize project management skills to work together and implement corrective solutions for the business
- Work with cross functional teams to drive solutions and efficiencies
Application Development Support (25%)
- Provide day to day support to end users of business applications
- Configure SAP tables for assigned process (primary individual responsible) to maximize system effectiveness in meeting business needs.
- Foresee, anticipate and address potential issues before they become critical
- Manage incidents, requests and enhancements for the organization and architect solutions, workaround, root cause analysis
- Provide assistance and cover for other team members where required
Customer Service (10%Communicate with internal and external business partners effectively
- Keep partners apprised of progress as needed
- Take ownership of request/issues and follow through to completion
- Work with the team to develop and implement Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Contribute with new ideas /processes that will improve workflow and efficiency
- Ensuring that client systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored in a timely and efficient manner
Help Desk Resolution (30%)
- Assign and resolve Help Desk tickets. If unable to resolve, seek assistance of SAP through OSS notes, etc.
- Ensure that solution and application support documentation is maintained to the highest quality and accuracy and post it in the internal knowledge base
- Present and explain technical information to diverse audiences in a commonly understood way to transfer knowledge
- Make timely recommendations to effectively solve problems, using independent judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures
Metrics and Reporting (10%)
- Identify trends and propose solutions to prevent issues
- Review/report metrics for department operations related to area of responsibility
- Identify, define and develop key measurements and develop the process to collect metrics for monitoring
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- B.S. degree in a business related field. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years business experience. Prior end-user, implementations or user supportexperiencedesired.
- Must be able to perform duties within a work team to maximize the team effectiveness
- SAP module configuration experience
- Knowledge or willing to expand knowledge on other applications (example: OnBase and Taulia desired).
- Proven End-User perspective knowledge of the SAP system
- Ability to distinguish between technical and process problems and/or solutions
- Ability to use Service-Now, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, Project management tools, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint to identify, solve and communicate results
- Experience operating in a business capacity within one of the SAP major areas of concentration
- Experience interfacing with consulting resources to solve business issues
- Effectively work with technical and business people
- Ability to research using the Internet and other sources to identify solutions to business issues
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to express self well, verbally and in writing
- Ability to have acute understanding that other people within the business depending on your services, and know how to respond to that dependency. This may be via acknowledgement, updates and problem resolution
- Ability to understand the logic flow of programs and forms is advantageous
Job # US10697