The Middleware Analyst II t will serve as an SME for our internal IBM software stack to various internal customers, including both business and development teams. The ability to participate in multiple ongoing projects from inception, design and production rollout is key to the success of this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure enterprise applications are running effectively at all times, which includes continuous monitoring and ensuring every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
- Alert and accurately report KPI's on systems status with tuning recommendations at regular intervals.
- Support a 24x7 production environment.
- Ensure effective release management, change management and quality assurance in project lifecycles are maintained.
- Engage and collaborate regularly with infrastructure engineering, software engineering and quality assurance teams to provide status updates and work on both tactical and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate WebSphere tuning ability and be able to provide solutions to capacity requirements involving WebSphere components (JVM, Web Containers, DB Connections, HTTP servers).
- Manage production, test and development environments effectively and account for differences in each environment.
- Maintain configuration documentation, diagrams, SOPS, training materials and other supporting documentation.
- Ensure adherence to configuration and operating best practices and standards.
- Ability to deploy and troubleshoot applications on both WebSphere/Java and .Net platforms.
- All teammembers must comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science (or equivalent experience).
IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.0 or above
Experience managing a WebSphere production environment, IBM Websphere Network Deployment, IBM Websphere Portal, IBM AIX, Redhat Linux and Microsoft Windows Server, process development, support and implementation of systems architecture.
Previous experience in Financial Services a plus.