We are looking for Application Support Engineer for our client in Colorado Springs, CO
Job Title: Application Support Engineer
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Learn how the GOLD system supports the ILS process and how to pull data from the system to supportcontract needs.
- Learn how the system interacts with Contractor Supported Weapons System (CSWS) processes
- Support trouble tickets for GOLDesp issues and develop discrepancy tickets for resolution by MIRO.
- Develop technical solutions for data mining information from the GOLD System interface or backend database for report generation, data analysis and slide creation using, but not limited to, Java, Shell scripting and SQL queries and scripts.
- Learn and advise on all company, IT, and Security policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor?s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Has experience with SQL, Java, Linux/Unix, Unix Shell Scripting and MSWindows
- Can perform application testing and report?bug? issues within applications and communicate with application vendors for resolution
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications to include Windows, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE certification or candidate must be able to obtain certification within 6months of start date
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new technologies, adapt to changing environments, and show attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills, good problem solving skills, and a willingness to work with teams, individuals, and suppliers to troubleshoot hardware/application problems are essential.
- Must be a team player with strong customer focus.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work after business hours or on weekends as required.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance if required