Software solutions for the insurance industry. Core, end-to-end solutions for property and casualty / life / pension & annuities / reinsurance and retirement markets.
The Senior Application Support Representative provides technical telephone and/or on-site applications support to customers, answering questions on function and usage of product. May also have product quality assurance responsibilities, including developing/executing test cases and writing release documentation. This position reports to the URS Software Development Manager.
- Provides technical telephone and/or on-site applications support to customers, answering questions on function and usage of product. Handles client calls and issues involving technical issues
- Develops test cases to ensure software meets requirements and is free of defects
- Executes test cases and performs any follow-up testing on defects found
- Under general supervision, creates operational procedures and documentation
- Trains new clients on product features so they can use the product, and provides ongoing training as needed by existing clients
- Conducts system evaluations to determine client workflows, documents, and procedures to verify proper product usage
- Provides advice or analysis that may influence the outcome of resource allocation or disposition
- May involve in walking client through setup and procedures for new Client installations
- May conduct marketing presentations
- Property and Casualty insurance knowledge is required
- Reinsurance application knowledge a plus
- Familiar with database, SQL queries and computer networks
- Minimum of six years’ work-related experience
- Must be able to make decisions and resolve problems using experience and professional judgment
- Must be detail-oriented
- The ability to understand the subject matter and customize the message according to the intended audience
- Strong organization skills: must be able to work on multiple tasks during the same time frame and meet deadlines with accuracy and efficiency. Must be willing to work extended hours to meet project deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Must be able to perform problem resolution, follow standard procedures, and appropriately prioritize assignments
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, flexible, and a team player
- The ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business information, our own and that of the clients
- Be comfortable working in a distributed team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted
- Occasional travel to meetings or outside training may be required.