Works independently with business partners within the business function to align technology solutions with business strategies. Identifies and communicates business needs; determines if internal or external solutions exist or whether new solutions are needed; determines if these solutions impact existing work processes and systems as well as ensures proper integration; provides input surrounding buy vs. build decisions for possible solutions. Prioritizes, analyzes, and documents business processes. Identifies opportunities for improvement/enhancement, and negotiate agreements and commitments between business partners and IT from requirements gathering to the final implementation. Provides production support for analysis and resolution of issues within specified SLAs. Ensures applications are performing optimally while delivering the services needed by the business. Implements, configures and tests new systems, enhancements to systems and integration of systems. Responsible for the most complex work and assignments typically required of a Applications Support Analyst. May act as a lead on activities of the team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an expert in the business units supported, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions; understands and develops appropriate business models to represent business requirements and meet business needs.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology; ensures technology solutions are in compliance with and uphold organizational standards. Develops business models to represent requirements, such as use cases, business process flows, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Ensures the applications are maintained and supported in a manner that supports performance and delivery of services.
- Performs 2nd and 3rd level production support activities which involve assignment of issues/issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Effectively conveys root cause analysis of issues to software development staff for process/software changes.
- Implements, configures and tests applications to ensure that the product meets the needs of the business, liaising with project managers and third parties where necessary.
- Analyzes and defines interfaces between applications to provide integrated solutions.
- Maintains a current knowledge base and understanding of technological trends; uses IT knowledge base to bring solutions to business units supported and enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader; evaluate and identify project complexity, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies.
- Communicates complex technical concepts simply and effectively to nontechnical team members.
- Conducts systems analysis with a focus on business process models and use cases.
- Participates in planning sessions with business units to improve business processes.
- Provides technical direction and training to junior level team members.
- May lead the activities or work of the team. Provide leadership and direction to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. May provide input on interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Requirements Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in one or more organization(s) or line(s) of business
Additional Information Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Experience: 8 years of work related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the industry's standard business practices, products, and services.
- Knowledge of information system development strategies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio