Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to manage, support and enhance existing PACS solutions.
- Carry out daily checks for all the critical applications and provide a summary report for the IT Operations.
- Effectively manage all the major production incidents, taking complete ownership towards the closure of the incident. Ensuring regular updates are provided for issues and liaising with the relevant support teams to ensure minimal downtime/disruption
- Service request fulfillment.
- Problem Management, root cause analysis, and remediation
- Deploy application code on all the production and pre-production environments across the various WAPA applications based on the releaseschedule. This includes managing all the business communications and post release environment availability.
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationships with the business community to increase customer knowledge, capability and system satisfaction within the WAPA Business and IT community to maintain and improve the services offered by the support function.
- Building strong knowledge management repository across the applications within the team ensuring all the operational, application support handover and process documents are maintained up to date.
- Proactively identify application improvements on the areas of performance, availability and automation of the repetitive tasks which saves the overall cost and time.
- Managing application releases to production within a schedule coordinated with product owner and/or Federal managers.
- Ensuring application releases applied to production follow WAPA software configuration management processes and procedures.
- Providing Support for installation, upgrade, and removal of COTS and custom developed software.
- Working with IT, functional staff, and Federal managers on requirements definition and design.
- Providing required data into other automated administrative systems to meet management reporting requirements.
- Communicating plans and status of projects and tasks as requested by project managers.
- Ability to manage small projects and serve on project teams to deliver technology solutions
- Create training materials and present a variety of trainings and seminars to small groups enabling them to better utilize application collaboration tools.
- Work with project teams in definition of requirements for integration strategies of their projects into the enterprise architecture.
- People skills (ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of groups and personalities)
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy industry a plus
- 3+ years of enterprise technical support experience
- Experience supporting Lenel PAC systems (versions 7.1, 7.3, or 7.4).
- Experience building and maintaining PACs and VMS topology diagrams.
- Experience with Bosch and Axis cameras and Bosch/Milestone security systems/servers
- Working with Bosch/Milestone Video Management Software (VMS) and Network Video Recorders (NVR)
- Working with virtual machines and servers
- Knowledge and experience with Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) requirements a plus
- Experience with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) compliance requirements a plus
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or computing related subject
- Professional certifications in desired skills areas such as Lenel or video management systems