Under general supervision, independently provides an intermediate level of operational and application build expertise in completing routine and occasionally more complex assignments to meet customer goals and desired outcomes. Task and assignment focus is typically on medium to large projects, performing workflow analysis, build, and documentation in collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Performs intermediate level design, build and implementation assignments/projects. Based on core knowledge of application and operational requirements can translate requirement/concepts into functionality.
- May initiate, facilitate or lead meetings with end-user/business owner and other EIS teams.
- Demonstrates independence and participation in team projects: translating customer needs, meeting deliverables, status reporting, and managing customer relationships and expectations.
- Assigned to various work/projects and demonstrates an ability to successfully complete assigned tasks/assignments, proactively communicate with manager to prioritize workflow and mitigate risks, track issues and provide solution-oriented escalation, and understand project management methodologies.
- Demonstrates collaboration within and across application teams.
- Escalates work issues to Team Lead or Manager as needed.
- Participates in re-engineering of operational work-flow processes with end-users/business owners, and maintains working level understanding of assigned departmental operations
- Facilitates end-user/business owner needs into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in assigned application area. Independently manages navigation of migration paths, change control process/governance, and ticket management processes.
- Works with system administrators to build and maintain application interfaces.
- Builds and modifies ad-hoc SQL queries/reports for applications.
- Represents application team on work groups within the department or within project scope.
- Attends and represents unit on committees related to systems (OnCore CTMS, Huron Grants, IACUC, DVMax, Epic etc.)
- Maintains high standards for quality application design, build, testing, and other tasks; ensures adequate documentation is provided for support and end-user training. Manage and coordinate intermediate to advanced configuration and build assignments/projects in collaboration with others.
- Provides on-call support during off hours.
- As needed, participates in new employee interviews and the on-boarding process.
- Will be assigned as needed to train new and junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant healthcare information systems experience, required.
- Strong technical and functional knowledge of assigned information systems.
- Formal project management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies and system analysis.
- Ability to handle multiple projects independently.
- Demonstrates initiative and pro-activeness in work.
- Troubleshoots effectively and provides recommendations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
What else are we looking for?:
- Knowledge of research, clinical trials, and patient related safeguards (HIPAA, IRB), preferred.
- Experience with IRB and IACUC related systems (Topaz Elements, Huron IRB, Webridge-IACUC, DVMax).
- Experience with research administration related systems (Forte OnCore, Huron Agreements, Huron Grants).
- Experience with writing SQL scripts with tools such as JasperSoft.
- Experience with interface development (REST/SOAP APIs) and web-services.