Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We’re at the forefront of solving mobility’s toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what’s now to what’s next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
About this position
The Application Architect spends their time supporting project teams implementing solution for global projects and ensuring proper technical delivery leveraging sourcing vendors. The Application Architect works closely with the business in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions and new technologies for managing changes in Aptiv. They will also work closely with the suppliers and implementing vendors to ensure the architecture is followed, that proper design is done, and that the technical implementation will meet the needs of the business.
Responsibilities and duties
- Author application architecture for programs, projects and initiatives
- Develop 4+1 architectural views
- Deliver application architecture to enable development of world class innovate software solutions
- Oversee all technical aspects of implementations of end-to-end integrated systems
- Manage sourcing vendors to ensure proper implementation as the technical lead on the project
- Analyze business requirements to drive technical solutions in collaboration with business relationship managers and sourcing vendors
- Support development of technology roadmaps that support the future state
- Contribute to test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for the project
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies to project teams
- Gain organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and initiatives
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations
- Support business and IT strategic planning
- Support Enterprise Architecture Governance processes
- Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans
- Maintain documents in an Enterprise Architecture repository
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- 3 - 5years’ experience as an application architect
- Very deep knowledge and significant experience on application development, design patterns and integration
- Application development expertise and agile methodologies a plus
- Strong understanding of cloud solutions in the IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS space
- Provided leadership in implementation of solutions, strategies and technologies.
- Clear thinker who anticipates and develops strategies for anticipated future consequences and trends on both application and infrastructure areas.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Works collaboratively with multiple levels to develop innovative or creative solutions that work effectively
- Copes with change and makes good decisions
- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions using rigorous logic and methods
- Knowledgeable about current and possible future IT trends and technology
- Resolve and troubleshoot technical issues on complex global technologies.
- Provides direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others
- Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably
- Constantly and consistently a top performer who can be counted on to exceed goals on a regular basis
- Effective communicator and presenter in formal and informal settings
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose
- Expert with modern software tools like Confluence, GIT, JIRA, Jenkins/Bamboo, Sonarqube, Synopsys, Nexus/Artifactory etc.
- Expert with the followingtechnologies:
- Mobile application architecture and implementation
- Cloud application architecture and implementation
- N-tier Web application architecture and implementation
- Microservice architecture and implementation
- Continuous Integration and DevOps
- TOGAF certified or working knowledge a plus
- Possesses strong IT, planning, and financial knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Self-motivated and directed