TheApplication Software Project Lead will:
- Enable the delivery of technology-enabled solutions that address complex business needs.
- Be responsible for planning, leading and coordinating activities of technology projects to ensure project goals and objectives are accomplished within budget and committed delivery date.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to define and document detailed functional and system requirements and then leads project teams to assess, configure, program, and create business solutions ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Operate within the methodology and adheres to technical architecture standards and will be proactive in identifying potential problems and issues and actively communicates and manages issues to resolution.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, lead and manage a portfolio of IT Business Solution projects to ensure goals and objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and budgets.
- Work closely with the Support team to confirm to ensure Service Level Objectives are being met.
- Work closely with and manage both internal development teams and external integration partners to align project objectives, define discrete team deliverables, and ensure project milestones are achieved with high quality.
- Develop resource strategies, allocating staff, tools and specialized support as necessary to ensure commitments are met.
- Ensure appropriate and detailed project work plans are in place for all projects. Regularly review progress to ensure that projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Integrate project activities with other IT functions such as data security, network operations, etc. to ensure successful project implementation.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other project team members to ensure that functional requirements and technical design specifications are prioritized, detailed and complete.
- Adhere to SDLC and technology architecture requirements.
- Contribute to architecture design principles and standards as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and communicate potential problems and issues to IT Leadership team members as appropriate and identify alternatives and recommend / implement solutions as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate project status and work estimates are routinely reported /communicated to in a timely fashion.
- Regularly review ETCs to identify problem areas and ensure issues are addressed effectively.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. Ensure issues are analyzed, discussed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify risk mitigation steps and recommend actions to address project issues. Ensure risks and issues are managed to closure.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Hold a PMP Certification(or comparable PMI education certificate)
- Have a BS/BA in MIS, Computer Science, Business or Mathematics
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in leading application/software projects, project management and functional requirements analysis.
- Experience managing projects with a high degree of backend integration and experience managing enterprise software implementation projects (both packaged software and custom-development projects) in a large enterprise environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of integration strategies and testing requirements.
- Previous technical background in some discipline of IT (development, quality assurance, support, etc.)
- Demonstrated competency in managing resources, tasks, contracts, scope, and budgets for large projects in the context of large, enterprise-wide technology initiatives.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead; ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to adapt to changing priorities and/or projects.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and product management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional business requirements, application and operational requirements.
- Experience leading technical solution design and developing detailed project plans including allocation / scheduling of tasks for project team members.
- Experience and demonstrated competency with Microsoft Project and Visio.
Nice to have:
- CRMexperience with backend application integration from CRM to other business/enterprise applications.