Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. Origin leverages computer vision, augmented reality, and advanced motion control to amplify and accelerate our users' creativity. We're looking for a skilled Application Software Engineer to join our team. You'll work on features and applications for Origin that enable dramatically new experiences with tools.
- Collaborate with product owners and designers to implement new software features and user interfaces
- Write unit tests and utilities to ensure high quality
- Document your code and keep it organized and manageable
- Minimum 3 years experience with modern C++
- Experience building Qt Quick applications with a high level of polish
- Experience implementing user interfaces from design handoff
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Good communication skills (English) are required (verbal & written)
- You’re excited to explore an entirely new field and develop products that real users will depend on!
- Background in computer graphics, geometry processing, and/or development on embedded systems
- Familiarity with web front-end frameworks such as React or Vue.js
- Experience scripting in Python and Bash
- You like building things with your hands