Tesla Energy is looking for a Software Engineer to work on the control application managing and providing communications for the energy applications, consisting of solar, storage and micro grid assets. The control application is written in Go and is running on an embedded Linux computer installed at customer sites. The controlled systems stretch from residential customer solar and storage installations to providing power to complete islands and to utility scale generation sites. The markets and solutions are evolving as do our product capabilities, we are looking for a highly flexible, motivated, software engineer.
- Design and develop software that implements control of high voltage systems
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors.
- Contribute to overall system architecture
- Design software system interfaces
- Evaluate control strategies and algorithms
- Collaborate with validation teams to develop test strategies and test plans
- MS/BS degree in CS or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional software development experience using application layer languages, i.e. Go, Java, C++
- Experience developing highly available mission-critical applications
- Experience writing unit tests and doing test-driven development
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of embedded protocols such as CAN, RS-485/UART, and Ethernet
- Experience in GO a big plus
- Experience in real-time embedded environments
- Previous experience developing embedded applications for grid-tie inverters for wind or solar, battery-backup UPS systems, or other high voltage power electronics.
- Experience with CANbus systems and associated tools.
- Knowledge of / previous development to work grid inter-tie standards such as IEEE 1547 and UL 174