WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE DATA ARCHITECT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Enterprise Data Architect is a highly visible and key cross-functional role that is tasked with ensuring the Tech organization is operating with a data first mentality and that data quality, integrity, consistency, and reliability are core requirements of all software/data systems. The Enterprise Data Architect will develop a detailed knowledge/understanding of the data our systems produce and provide both tactical and strategic direction as it pertains to data management, consumption, and production. This individual must possess the combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to define and guide data strategy.
- Champion data quality, integrity, consistency, and reliability throughout the tech organization by defining and promoting best practices and establishing/enforcing data governance across all product squads
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership on advanced data techniques, data architecture, and data integration implementations, including the assist and review of logical and physical data models as well as other important data structures (messaging, events, etc.)
- Establish standards and guidelines for the design and development, tuning/optimization, and deployment of persistence technologies
- Partner with the data warehousing group, product analytics, and business intelligence to ensure their data needs are being met
- Develop specific metrics (KPIs) to assess data quality/consistency and measures/reports on these metrics periodically
- Works with the security architect to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MSdegree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics preferred
- Several years of experience being responsible for data architecture on an enterprise-wide scale
- Extensive experience modeling and implementing operational systems (transactional systems)
- Expert knowledge and experience with both structured and semi-structured data and persistent storage systems, including both SQL based and flexible schema systems (notably PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch)
- Experience working with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence systems. Experience in multi-dimensional modeling and developing star schemas, normalized and denormalized models, and utilizing “slow-changing” dimensions.
- Event modeling experiencerequired. Familiarity with Segment a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and establish strategic objectives, project plans, and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across different functional areas. Can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Possesses strong consensus building abilities and negotiating skills
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.