Application Security Engineer
Seattle, WA Who We Are
The Information Security (InfoSec) team is a blend of security engineers and security-focused software engineers helping ensure Twitter builds and maintains secure software. In addition we consult, develop tooling, and advocate and train engineers throughout the SDLC to ensure security is prioritized at each step of development.
What You’ll Do
As a Security Engineer, you'll join a team of talented security engineers working to reduce risk across the company. We work as consultants across the organization to identify risk and impact to the company, and communicate that impact to teams and management. We identify recurring classes of security problems, find the root cause, and develop generalized solutions. We strive to advocate and teach security to engineers. Additionally, you will assist with third-party security assessments and Twitter’s vulnerability rewards program. You will be responsible for helping remove friction in the security ecosystem via automation and tooling for teams.
Who You Are
The ideal individual has both application security expertise and development experience. They will have in-depth knowledge of application security and can identify potential risks in code or in deployed applications. They should also have experience with threat modeling and providing security guidance to development teams. You recognize the importance of building security solutions that scale and adapt to changing business requirements. You enjoy advocating security by writing papers, giving talks, or hosting educational sessions for developers.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent; music composition degreepreferred.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience building tools and processes to reliably identify security issues and logic flaws across large code bases.
- Experience with microservice architectures, or large distributed systems.
- Expertise with browser security controls and web application security best practices.
- Experience working with operational or DevOps teams.
- Knowledge of unique securityrisks and capabilities with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Experience communicating security concerns and issues to non-technical audiences.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.