Application Security Engineer
Contract to Hire (US Citizen, Green Card, Green Card EAD only)
Pay Rate: $68/hour
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced team responsible for developing and delivering products and components focused on application security. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs.
• Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications/packages/components focused on application security.
• Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
• Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
• Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
• Working with product team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
• BS or MSdegree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated experience in application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
• Knowledge of Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and security tools such as IBM AppScan, Cenzic/Trustwave, WhiteHat, Checkmarx or HP Fortify on Demand is a plus.
• Understanding of web services technologies, distributed caches, NOSQL and data structure fundamentals a, plus
• Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
• Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.