Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 169 days ago
This position leads the Security Architecture consultation with IT, Project Management, Product Management, Software Development and other peers on proper security architecture and software development processes to ensure the applications developed and systems implemented are in line with security best practices and Early Warning Services policies and standards.
• Lead the Identification, measurement, control and minimization of security risks to information systems across a broad range of disciplines including application and host security.
• Drives the evaluation of the current methods in use by Early Warning to access and process data via Early Warning customer facing applications.
• Assist Security Architecture with the development of repeatable application security architectures working with internal and external partners to ensure that systems are placed within the relevant security zones based on the data they house and their purpose.
• Serves as the subject matter expert point of contact for all security issues in assigned areas.
• Leads security efforts with development teams to ensure that all newly developed and legacy applications and infrastructure implementations are in line with security policy and are compliance to the required frameworks (ISO, PCI, OWASP, NIST 800-53, etc.).
• Reviews changes and architectures for assigned areas from a security perspective.
• Assist Security Architecture with the evaluation of product business cases including functional and detailed design specs to ensure security standards are met.
• Assists and leads the security incident response process as assigned.
• Advises as a subject matter expert and contributes to the development of Early Warning security policy and procedures.
• Assist Security Architecture in the development of architectural reference material to ensure that security practices are being implemented in a repeatable fashion every time a new project is implemented.
• Lead efforts that document and present risks and security issues that could impact the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the business (both internally and externally) by assisting in documentation, tracking and creating solutions for mitigation.
• Work with internal and external penetration testing organizations to coordinate application and network based penetration.
• Lead security efforts with Software Development to perform static code analysis on all custom developed code.
• Assist Security Architecture in the Interaction with customer banks to gather yearly testing and security requirements, review penetration testing findings, mitigating controls and/or projects to rectify security vulnerabilities.
• Mentors new security team members.
• Leads assigned information security efforts.
• Individual contributor towards significant risk mitigation efforts.
• Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
• Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physical Science.
• Minimum 4 years of application security experience and 4 years of Security Architecture or Consulting experience.
• Subject matter expert in focused Application Security skill or silo.
• Expert knowledge of relational databases, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to lead efforts that develop and deliver complex and enterprise wide risk mitigation solutions.
• Effective interpersonal skills, with ability to present to peers, coworkers and customers.
• Export knowledge of operating system, application, network, and database security architectures.
• Proficiency in AppSec and Web services security
• Application development background
• Delivered talks or published whitepapers at regional Security Conferences
• CEH/CPT, or CISSP or CSSLP Certification and one of GWEB, or Secure Development Cert, or PHD or MBA in InfoSec or equivalent certification.
• Exposure to the Agile SDLC process.
• Expert vulnerability exploitation experience.
• Experience leading information security efforts.
• Expert experience in analyzing technical issues and making recommendations for corrective action.
• Demonstrate expert understanding in the field of Information Security in terms of both concepts and technology.
• Background and drug screen.
• MCSE, SCSA, CCNA or CISA certification
• Additional related education and/or experience preferred
• Familiarity with HP Fortify
• Familiarity with application penetration testing tools:
o Proxies (Burp Suite Pro, Zed Attack Proxy)
o Scanners (Netsparker, AppScan, WebInspect)
o XML Tools (SOAP UI)
• Familiarity with BSIMM framework
• Additional related education and/or experience.