In this role, the Application Scientist will manage a vital scientific relationship with our customers in the post-sale life cycle of our food safety product line to include applications development, training and other product related activities. The Application Scientist will work collaboratively with the product management team and other functions to develop new applications for existing products in a laboratory setting, provide product training and assist customers with experimental design and troubleshooting end results for ELISA, lateral flow, and other technologies in the food safety portfolio. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
- Design extraction methods on Food Samples for Immunoassay testing.
- Provide product training to field sales team as new features/functionality is available for designated product and domain specialty.
- Be the voice of customer, providing feedback to the market management and product management team on potential new opportunities and products
- Effectively articulate data results to the customer including troubleshooting abilities.
- Champion the laboratory and VOC work needed to enhance existing products.
- Assist the Field Sales Team by identifying and establishing high level customer relationships
- Assist the Field Sales Team by providing product and instrument demonstrations
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Provide and deliver product training to field (marketing & sales) as new features/functionality are available for designated product and domain specialty
- Coordinate with Marketing organization to drive marketing campaigns on new applications developed.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- Work closely with the R&D group to plan experiments that are relevant to the client base
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science.
- Software experience in data interpretation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in food safety.
- Experience in ELISA and lateral flow technologies.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Teaching skills, clear communication ability, capacity to effectively provide consultation, and proven ability and willingness to present in front of large groups are all required.
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market is essential. Highly committed, competitive and goal-driven professional with industry workflow experience necessary to properly position