The individual is expected to support the global PerkinElmer automation business by expanding instrument capabilities, working as necessary with technical support to troubleshoot complex customer issues, and providing training and marketing material for new application capabilities that will be used to support the sales of automation instruments globally. The candidate should be a detail-oriented, passionate, and self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference in the field of innovative, next-generation healthcare products.
The role is critical in driving the development and support of global field application specialists & the PerkinElmer sales team. Working with key commercial entities, you will craft automation methods & workflows that will be disseminated globally, allowing PerkinElmer specialists to support internal sales specialists and customers with novel and well-annotated automation methods, allowing PerkinElmer to continue to lead the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop user-friendly, pre-programmed applications for the execution of complex sample preparation protocols that can be run by laboratory personnel with little/no experience running or programming liquid handlers.
- Design and execute validation test plans including processing samples and generating run reports and application notes.
- Program software add-ons that expand the capabilities of automated liquid handling workstations beyond the features and commands that are available in the released software and/or allow the integration of new tools with the liquid handling workstation.
- Work with engineers and software developers to define requirements for instrument capabilities in order to support new types of applications.
- Support new product development by designing and executing test protocols to ensure that new instruments meet user requirements and perform to specifications.
- 10-20% travel to support FAS teams and customers with training and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the writing of application notes and white papers related to automation/ workflow method development and testing.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Genomics, Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience working with instrument development.
- 1-year experience programming liquid handlers.
- Master’s degree.
- 1 year experience in programming automated liquid handlers (preferably PerkinElmer products), Nucleic Acid Quantitation, qPCR, and sequencing.
- experience with Microsoft Office software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Laboratory experience with molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or related field with ability to independently follow experimental protocols and interpret/present results in a clear and concise manner.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Physically capable of working in a laboratory environment
- PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.