Design and/or conduct test plans and scripts to test new, customized, or COTS software to ensure optimal performance of software before being put into production or installed in network environment. Test compatibility of new software with installed systems, networks, and technology platforms. Track errors, bugs, and the like in test data files for follow up and/or further testing.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications of applications in development to see how they can be developed into testable elements.
- Create test lab scenarios, and execute test lab scenarios for the applications' enhancements, releases, regression testing.
- Conduct tests of applications in production or in development, applications about to be migrated, or applications recently patched. May lead a test exercise involving less experienced staff.
- Document test results, or compile results from tests conducted by others in standardized format. Report results to team management, application staff, and/or application owners.
- Report problems by providing reproducible test cases, and working with team members to close problem reports. Conduct root cause analysis of identified defects, providing business partners with sufficient detail to understand, replicate and resolve.
- May evaluate new versions of test tools for application systems and recommend their use to management.
- May provide technical or project leadership to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Required skills:
- Experience testing 2 – 5 years
- Ability to write automated test scripts
- Experience with Automated test software
- Experience with documenting defects and writing test cases
- Experience in one or more of these applications (Rational Test Workbench, Appium, HP Unified Functional Tester (QTP), Selenium)
- Experience with Agile SCRUM framework
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Experience with Gherkin, Cucumber and Ruby for the automation of test cases
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55327