Applications Programmer/Analyst Specialist
Serves as a technical specialist and subject matter expert providing expertise and guidance for the development, enhancement, customization and maintenance, Microsoft, web, social media, interface software applications, legacy systems or integration middleware mainframe software applications and legacy systems to support the business needs of Trinity Health. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents major system modifications, interfaces or system integration solutions. Troubleshoots and provides problem resolution and decision-making support to highly complex production/program errors and interface issues. Installs vendor released application software upgrades and retrofits existing modified in-house vendor software. Designs and supports interfaces between mainframe system via integration middleware and other internal/external systems. Work activities require advanced to expert level knowledge and experience in mainframe tools and programming languages; extensive analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to diagnose and address highly complicated and unique problems, and the ability to lead medium scale projects. Works with enterprise, regional or local level applications that may be deployed across multiple Regional Health Ministry and geographic locations.
1. Provides technical expertise and serves as a seasoned resource to team members, business analysts, management and clients. Provides training and guidance on system functionality and software products.
2. Designs, codes, debugs, tests and implements major/difficult programming modifications, changes and new development to mainframe applications software and interfaces, integration or middleware software, legacy or integration systems. Conducts impact analysis of modifications and changes on existing systems and corresponding interfaces.
3. Develops and maintains programs and job control language in accordance with predefined standards, functional and technical specifications. Performs all system set-up, testing and implementation.
4. Proactively analyze, recommend and implement solutions to provide continuous system availability and improve performance.
5. Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex and unique system problems, failures and issues. Applies fixes or decisive work-a-rounds to vendor software as needed. Research and recommend appropriate solutions to unknown and special situations. Design and develop technical specifications.
6. Analyzes, installs and tests new releases to application software. Applies regulatory releases and federally mandated changes to applications software. Retrofits releases to existing modified and/or customized applications. Documents new processes and develops functional and technical specifications; provides product demonstration and training.
7. Participates in planning and execution of system conversions and provides technical production support (i.e., create new programs, implement conversion rules, conduct data extracts, support batch cycles, generate ad-hoc reports, etc.), or interface retrofits as identified by statements of work (i.e., development and maintenance of real time and batch interfaces, processing downloads and other operational processes). Conducts feasibility review, participates in design and modifies functional specifications provided by Business Analyst and user clients. . Provides technical expertise in overall design, system performance enhancements and on-going production support.
8. Interfaces with other TIS support or end users in determining business needs, translating functional requirements to technical solutions; gathering and exchanging information, program testing, scheduling delivery dates, establishing necessary processes and coordinating problem resolution.
9. Serves as a technical lead and specialist over projects. Plan and direct work of team members. Provide seasoned technical guidance and problem resolution as needed.
10. Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision and Values in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
12. Monitors, supports and troubleshoots daily operation of real-time and batch interfaces and proactively and efficiently assists with resolving production system issues and communicates with the appropriate staff during both business hours and on-call support hours.
13. Works to automate the execution, notification and issue resolution of batch interfaces, scheduled jobs and processes.
15. Develops a comprehensive understanding of the implementation methodologies for the technology being utilized; researching, investigating and developing skills in the use of new technologies; and applying current concepts of prevailing software development techniques.
16. Participates in every aspect of the development and implementation of new internally developed software, batch processes, interfaces and 3rd party software, working with business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current business processes.
17. Designs and builds product deliverables according to specifications and business needs, escalates technical design or specification issues to business stakeholders or project manager and application development leadership, and works within a given time frame to complete coding.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree or certification in healthcare or information technology and a minimum of seven (7) years of mainframe, Microsoft, web, social media or interface technology experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Advanced to expert technical proficiency mainframe, Microsoft, web, social media or interface programming languages, applications, tools and utilities.
3. Advanced to expert knowledge and experience with IBM mainframe, client, and interface or integration environment.
4. Proven ability to design system-wide, integrated solutions with other specialists and architects.
5. Extensive knowledge and experience utilizing healthcare software applications and/or related revenue applications, interfaces and clinical applications.
6. Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
7. Strong knowledge of the application and the business line being supported.
8. Ability to provide routine mentoring and technical guidance to support staff.
9. Ability to provide staff support for business and technical projects, assignments and analysis.
10. Ability to manage projects.
11. Ability to work independently on a day-to-day basis.
12. Strong customer service skills. Ability to interface with internal business analysts, hospital client users and external vendors.
13. Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
14. Must possess a willingness to learn and develop skills.
15. Must possess the ability to work in teams and with direct supervision.
16. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
17. A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health
18. Advanced to expert knowledge and experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), data migration or other ETL tools and methodologies.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. This position operates in a typical office environment. The area is well-lit, temperature-controlled and free from hazards. Incumbent communicates frequently, in person and over the telephone, with people in a number of different locations on technical issues. Manual dexterity is needed in order to operate a keyboard. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communications. The environment in which the incumbent will work requires the ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects at the same period and adapt to interruptions.
2. The incumbent must be capable of traveling in the course of completing project assignments.
3. The incumbent may provide 24X7 on-call rotation support for software application, which includes applying fixes and quick resolution to production problems, errors and issues; disk space problems; program code, etc.; responding to high risk situations, unknown failures and critical restorations and documenting "fix-it" procedural guides for technical support team members.