At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Wholesale BankingTechnology is looking to hire an Application Systems Engineer focusing on Production Support for Transmission Support Services (TSS) within the Treasury Management Technology division. TSS is comprised of several applications which include SAFET, WEST, Connect Enterprise, SDDST, CPR, and TCR. Together these applications support the transmission of data between Wells Fargo customers and internal WF applications.
If selected you will be a hands-on member of the production support team and will work with a team of production support professionals. This position requires rotational on-call production support. You will be exposed to a variety of infrastructure platforms and disciplines and will have the opportunity to support and learn a multitude of technologies, including but not limited to:
- Transmission Protocols
- Web Logic
- Load Balancers
- Hands-on involvement in architecting, designing, developing, and deploying a highly efficient, scalable, high performance MFT platform.
- Implement tools and best practices for release, environment, and configuration management to improve deploy success rates. This includes the new SDLC process and enterprise BAR tools.
- Manages projects and work related tasks, including migration of applications to production.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Perform various application software installations, configuration changes and configure plug-in software. Monitors system performance and capacity.
- Create or update documentation related to the activity performed (design document, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting document, etc.).
- May provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff.
- Follow change and problem management policies.
- Troubleshoots problems and takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with other teams within Transmission Support Services, the development team, otherTechnology teams or external vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems, including carrying an on call pager in a team rotation, which may require non-standard hours occasionally.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years of information technologyexperience
- 5+ years of application production support experience
- 4+ years of process design or improvement experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- Demonstrated experience with one or more scriptinglanguage: Perl, Ksh, Bsh,
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members
- Security certifications such as CISSP/GSEC are helpful
- A BS/BA degree or higher