Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
You will ensure that any applications deployed will properly scale and meet expected SLAs for Performance, Availability, Scalability and Stability. You will perform APM tuning of applications in development and critical production applications as well as to provide 3rd level performance support. You will provide evaluation of application performance and capacity on system resources usage to sustain business application volume processing
- Work closely with team of Performance Engineers to orchestrate, conduct and participate in line of business performance testing analysis
- Utilize diagnostic and monitoring tools to measure, detect, isolate and resolve performance issues found during application development performance testing including measuring, monitoring and gathering required infrastructure & application performance metrics, logs and reports
- Administer, maintain and support APM suite of tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics
- Monitoring and Reporting for existing applications/systems and infrastructure
- Build automated solution for data collection and reporting for existing applications for Performance and Availability
- Administration of APM tools: Administer, support and maintain APM tools including instrumentation, configuration, creation of dashboards and reports as well as provide deep-dive and root cause analysis on Performance issues.
- Perform 3rd level performance solving for applications/systems
- Root cause analysis, heapdump, core dump, thread dump and other log analysis, code profiling, packet tracing, event tracing, resource analysis
- Responsible for APM Tuning and Network Performance/Capacity Analysis
- Application Performance Tuning (Java and .NET applications)
- Monitoring Web Application Performance and critical application end user experience
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills that can work in a dynamic environment and provide creative solutions
- Be able to work well with various technical groups including: network, database, applications and systems.
- Experience with administering agent and network based APM tools for performance and availability monitoring
- Good Unix and shell scripting
- Good SQL skills and database skills with SQL server
- Basic statistical analysis skills and graphical skills
- All office products
- 8-10 years experience in Application Performance Management, Analysis and Capacity Planning
- Knowledge of the following:
- Windows, and Unix, Linux, Operating System tuning methods
- Deep understanding of virtualization on VMware, RHEV and AIX
- Knowledge of Application Servers - WebSphere and IIS Window
- Working knowledge of Database tuning methods- Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
- Good networking architecture expertise
- Dynatrace, OPNET, TeamQuest toolset experience
- B.S. in Mathematics or Computer Science at least 10 years in IT with 5-7 years experience concentrated in performance engineering and/or capacity planning MS or higher is helpful
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.