We are looking for Application Packaging Engineer for our client in New Orleans, LA
Job Title: Application Packaging Engineer
Job Location: New Orleans, LA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- 3+ year's application packaging experience using Flexera AdminStudio and at least one other utility such as Smart Packager Pro, InstallShield, or Wise Package Studio.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email, and Jabber to an internal customer base that includes onshore and offshore users.
- Experience working with applications deployed in a Citrix environment.
- Working knowledge of application deployments using IBM's BigFix.
- Experience using Service Now for managing service requests, trouble tickets, and Change Management.
- Comprehensive technical problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of Active Directory & Group Policy Management.
- PowerShell and general scripting knowledge.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to create and deploy packages using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, and Smart Packager Pro according to customer's requirements.
- Gather requirements, document processes and procedures for creating and deploying software in an Enterprise environment.
- Document customizations and changes made during the packaging process.
- Follow required Change Management processes through to final deployment.
- Create tagalongs for application deployment using IBM's BigFix.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation and deployment issues affecting the workstation environment.
- Be able to use utilities like Process Monitor to help identify software problems on the users' workstation.
- Must have the ability to work with many teams to assist with resolving customer's issues including the Service Desk, Field Service technicians, Application Developers, Project Managers, and Citrix team to provide the best possible user experience for the customer.
- Be able to work extended hours when necessary, including on callsupport after hours and on weekends.
- Create technical documentation on problem resolution for the Service Desk, Field Services, and end users.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred.