Your goals and responsibilities will include:
Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and proactively identify opportunities to prevent service interruption.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and accept responsibility for the resolution.
- Engage business and extract details that may be unclear as issues are described.
- Engage the appropriate IT teams and third-party vendors during service interruption issues to ensure quick resolution.
- Lead critical incident troubleshooting efforts of cross functional teams and third-party vendors to drive resolution of service interruption.
- Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by application vendor.
- Evaluate, coordinate and/or applies vendor package and software tool upgrades and patches.
- Review, Maintain, and updates technical documentation such as system configurations, troubleshooting procedures, and knowledge base articles.
- Support the creation of business requirements and functional design specifications.
- Assist in Identifying gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options.
- Actively engages with a team of developers, architects, and analysts in delivering business requirements, technical requirements and testing for the implemented functionalities.
- Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with developers and business teams.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree - Math, Science, Computer Science, or Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in supporting POS systems and analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing complex applications and integrating vendor packages
- Experience working with leading industry Point of Sale solutions
- Very strong analysis/troubleshooting skills, strong partnering/relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with and through others to resolve issues
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience working with 3rd party integrated software solutions
- Collaborative and a team player
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success
NICE TO HAVES:
- Understanding of APIs and modern technology architecture
- Consumer Loyalty programs especially how they interact with POS systems
- Experience implementing/upgrading Point of Sale (POS) systems and payment processing solutions
- Experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management and application implementation methodologies
- Played a significant role in leading or managing medium to large projects
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities