At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Manager within PNC's Technology/C&IB Engineering team, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or possibly PNC footprint or remote location.
We are looking for a candidate who can manage three internally developed applications. Knowledge of or background in the following disciplines preferred:
1. Managing Java development projects
2. Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, API's
3. B2C Payments domain, Zelle payments network a plus
4. Relational Database, Oracle
5. WebSphere Application Server
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
8. Ability to partner with and build relationships with business and technical teams to achieve goals
9. Drive and motivate team to deliver results within budget, on time and with high degree of quality
10. Experience managing geographically dispersed team of employees, onsite contractors, offshore contractors
- Manages development projects, development teams and application support functions.
- Oversees multiple application programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs .
- Monitors and maintains adherence and compliance to quality standards on an ongoing basis .
- Maximizes staff contribution through professional growth and development, to increase teamwork and more effectively meet business needs .
- Analyzes applications to ensure that all systems that are developed, meet business needs and specifications .
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
IT ENVIRONMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.