Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is looking for an Application Manager Inpatient EPIC – EMR area!
The Application Manager will be responsible for leading and managing multiple cross-functional work teams relating to the development of innovative application solutions that achieve successful performance goals for the overseeing project plans to ensure milestones and project deliverables are met. Develop working knowledge of application systems and business processes and be able to identify process improvement initiatives and targeted opportunities for improvements in the application. Manage and coordinate the development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Develop the change management procedures and protocols for the department; create and maintain all policies and procedures for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams. Monitors and manages team adherence to established policies and procedures. Responsible for planning and ensuring professional development initiatives are met within the team.
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelors degree required.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Minimum of five years of directly related experience required.
• Two years demonstrated supervisory or management experience required.
• Experience in health care IT preferred.
• Management in Clinical applications either in application support or implementation role
• Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems
• Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required
• Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution
• Ability to interact with all levels of physician practice personnel to include: IT management staff, consulting staff, clinicians, clinical administrators, etc.
• Clinical applications experience in either an application support or implementation role preferred
• Strong with process improvement and project management skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and personnel
• Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment preferred
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
• Vendor certification preferred
Job ID: 66907