Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is the third largest school district in the United States, serving over 360,000 students in 600+ schools and employing nearly 36,000 people, most of them teachers. CPS has set ambitious goals to ensure that every student, in every school and every neighborhood, has access to a world-class learning experience that prepares each for success in college, career and civic life. In order to fulfill this mission we make three commitments to our students, their families and all Chicagoans: academic progress, financial stability and integrity. Six core values are embedded within these commitments – student centered, whole child, equity, academic excellence, community partnership and continuous learning.
The mission of the department of Access and Enrollment is to provide a dynamic system of school models so that every student—in every school and every neighborhood—has access to a world-class learning experience from birth, resulting in graduation from high school college- and career-ready. The Office of Access and Enrollment manages GoCPS, a comprehensive application process for the ninth grade at all district and charter schools, K-8 at all elementary district schools, and the three magnet preschools. GoCPS utilizes a common online application site and deadline.
The Application Manager for GoCPS will serve as the primary point of contact for this application process and will be held accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Develop and manage implementation timeline and conduct regular check-ins with the cross-functional team.
- Serve as liaison to the CPS Office of Information Technology and the company that operates the online application site.
- Identify and monitor milestones.
- Monitor budget expenditures.
- Review data and generate reports as necessary.
- Provide management for the Principal Discretion process for Selective Enrollment High Schools.
- Create strategies designed to ensure optimal resources and support for staff.
- Collaborate with appropriate CPS staff in the implementation of processes.
- Obtain feedback from staff and outside stakeholder groups on the current operations regarding the GoCPS process
- Identify areas in need of refinement and develop strategies designed to effectively address those needs.
- Conduct presentations to key stakeholder groups (principals, CPS leadership, community, etc.)
- Provide input on key project work streams: the customization of the new online application platform (requirements, user experience, etc.).
Internal and external stakeholder engagement:
- Develop an outreach plan for parents and community members to increase and enhance knowledge and understanding of the GoCPS process.
- Remain abreast of other project work streams and provide support as needed, including marketing efforts.
Type of Education Required:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
Type of Experience and Number of Years:
- Minimum of five years of professional experience, including at least two years of experience in Project Management. Experience in a large organization, driving complex projects requiring significant cross-functional collaboration required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with implementing school district student assignment processes preferred
- Experience supervising teams preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Large project development, implementation, and management experience
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to build high-performing teams and trusting relationships