- Lead the resolution of critical issues in a variety of data, finance and reporting applications to ensure that operational SLAs are met.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify the root cause of incidents.
- Implement technology enhancements and bug fixes to data, finance and reporting applications.
- Lead optimization initiatives undertaken by the team to streamline operations and enhance customer experience.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the user groups being supported to exceed their service level expectations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, offshore service providers and vendors to drive synergies and deliver solutions.
- Ensure adherence to architectural guidelines and IT risk policies.
- Participate in rotational support to gain the breadth of knowledge across all application areas.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of all production issues.
- Report status and escalate issues and concerns to senior management as needed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, major in Computer Science or Engineering or related field preferred
- Solid technical background with 5+ year demonstrated track record in end-to-end software development life cycle and successful delivery of technical solutions using SQL Server/Oracle and .Net
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of the financial markets including investments management, with a strong desire to expand that knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- High degree of learning capacity and analytical skills
- Accountability and ownership to drive solutions across cross-functional teams
- The ability to get things done and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-pressure environment despite constantly changing priorities
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Microsoft SharePoint, .Net, SQL Server, Tivoli Workstation (TWS)
- Basic application infrastructure and networking concepts
- Fundamental knowledge of data warehousing
- Basic knowledge of investments management
- Basic knowledge of finance