Keysight Technologies is forging a new legacy with 78 years of innovation from our founding fathers – Bill Hewlett & Dave Packard. As a future technology enabler, Keysight Technologies goes where the electronic signal goes with customers in more than 100 countries.
Our IT organization partners with our engineers to bring an idea to the market place delivering the measurement solutions to create a more connected & secure world. We are growing our IT division & we invite you to join us in this incredible journey & help us shape the future.
The Applications Lifecycle Management (ALM) Tools & Collaboration Engineer position is an uncompromising technical role which gives unprecedented experience to learn & reflect for the prospective candidate. We are looking for a passionate candidate who is willing to partner with geographically diverse team & a great team player to help us embrace the Software-centric solutions strategy of Keysight, primarily in consulting on ALM Tools & Collaboration, Processes & Best Practices to enable an integrated, Agile platform of the future.
• Implement the technology strategy of Atlassian ALM tool suites with minimal guidance.
• Tools integrations & troubleshooting – Software Development & downstream applications (Atlassian -> Jenkins, Artifctory, Docker, etc.)
• Good understanding on non-Atlassian platforms (i.e., Microsoft TFS, MKS, Clearcase, etc.)
• Develop plugins & scripts as needed to automate &/or increase Software development efficiency.
• Tools Evolution & constantly evaluate new opportunities.
• Operations: Primary Steward in maintaining tools Service Level Agreements (SLA), IT Security & Compliance, System Performance & other stewardship activities (application upgrade, infrastructure changes etc).
• Optimize: Consistently driving LEAN Optimization efforts to improve performance, reduce waste & increase efficiencies.
• Collaborate closely with other IT organizations to design, implement & support solutions.
• Collaborate closely with 3rd party vendors (i.e., Microsoft, Atlassian, IBM etc.) & internal IT suppliers to ensure continuous progress & deliverables are met.
• Recommend & apply Industry best-practices for ALM Tools & processes.
• Constantly lookout for cost-effective solutions & consolidation options.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in managing Software Development Life cycle (SDLC/ALM) applications & tools, especially Atlassian tools, Microsoft – Team Foundation Server.
o Source Code Management
o Defect Management & Tracking
o Build Management
o Test & Release management.
• 1-2 years experience in Software development. Experience in Cross-Platform development a plus.
• Greater understanding/experience on Agile, Scrum, & Kanban based Software Development.
• DevOps practice would be a plus.
• Good understanding or Terllo boards, JIRA.
• Greater understanding & hands on experience of one of the Collaboration platforms (i.e., Confluence, MS teams, Slack, etc.).
• Experience in plug-in developments for Atlassian tool suite – JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins.
• Strong communication skills & the ability to work with cross functional IT & business teams.
• Strong analytical skills with the working knowledge of infrastructure components (Networking, memory, CPUs, storage - Disk IOs) to troubleshoot various challenges.
• Experience in handing escalations & to be able to deliver under pressure.
• Strong experience in Systems Administration & understanding of various Operating Systems platforms & technologies:
o Embedded Operating Systems (optional)
o Web Services (IIS, Apache, tomcat)
o Storage (Flash, NAS, etc)
o Application monitoring & performance tuning.
• Experience in providing multi-tier Software Solutions for large/global R&D functional teams would be a plus.
• Shell scripting, Perl, Python would a great plus.
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.