At Google, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems Integration team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate Googler needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Google executives to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging our homegrown suite of Google products for Googlers themselves, you help Googlers work faster and more efficiently.
Through your leadership, you use your technical expertise and manage a team of engineers to build key business applications. You gather requirements, lead technical projects, define the scope of those projects and partner across teams to address technical problems and ensure smooth solution implementation.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage an IT team responsible for designing and building web applications that support internal business processes.
- Deliver operational support for the applications your team develops.
- Partner with internal business teams in developing delivery roadmaps.
- Ensure your team is delivering with repeatable quality and predictability.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing Information Technology teams specializing in Human Resource Information Systems.
- 5 years of experience integrating custom built solutions with vendor product offerings, particularly Human Resources applications.
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS platforms.
- Experience in leadership, problem-solving and people management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.