Application Engineering Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
About the Company:
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in, from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
The Application Engineering Manager leads a team of engineers who are responsible for the design, development, and documentation of new products following an established gate process. In the role, they will drive cross-functional collaboration, oversee customer interactions and analyze market opportunities.
The manager will be responsible for creating project/group objectives and will motivate the team to achieve those goals. Relying on extensive experience and good judgement, the individual will be responsible for both customer satisfaction and the financial performance of their team’s projects.
- Acts as advisor to application engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and procedures.
- Oversees and contributes to the design and development of products to fulfill the needs of the customer and improve company productivity.
- Checks technical accuracy of team’s work.
- Assists in the hiring, training, and mentorship of other engineers and supporting staff.
- Following an established development process, outlines and communicates project targets by gathering information through internal research and direct interaction with the customer.
- Organizes project timelines and action items with a cross-functional engineering, purchasing, quality, and manufacturing team.
- Oversees fabrication of prototypes and communicates necessary design information with suppliers.
- Ensures all design and test requirements are completed on time and in budget and guarantees a robust and safe end product that meets all performance expectations.
- Assists in field testing, both with internal teams and FOX customers.
- Creates and maintains BOM and ECN documentation.
- Tracks personal and team projects to the target and reports to management at key milestones.
- Assists in establishing administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinates activities of unit with other units or organizations.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study, plus 5-7 years of relevant experience in either suspension damper development or the powersports/automotive industry.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with material processing operations (machining forging, stamping, injection molding, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with design for high volume manufacture of consumer products.
- Proficiency with Pro-E/Creo 3D modeling or equivalent.
- Enthusiasm and experience with powersports products is a plus.