The Application Engineer is responsible for technical support – primarily customer quotations and business development case studies for various composite applications. Key emphasis will be on the ability to understand customer requirements and rapidly demonstrate how composite based solutions can be utilized to provide solutions with costing, timing, and resources included in the proposals. This position will require travel with the business development team to customer facilities during visits to discuss these future opportunities in depth.
Additional Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Provides customer support by responding to requests for quotations with detailed analysis of product costing, schedule of creation, tooling costing, and submittal of design and process improvements, when applicable, to meet all customer product needs.
• Works with engineering, sales, and production staff to understand standard component fabrication techniques, standard composite materials to use, and current demands of our customers to formulate quotations for the sales staff and our customers.
• Provides product technical engineering information by creating and giving presentations on customer proposals. This contains, but is not limited to, costing breakdown, 3D representations of finished goods, 3D representations of tooling, etc.
• Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, production, and other professional and technical personnel.
• Conceptual design of composite components and assemblies to support proposals
• Generate solid and surface component and assembly CAD models
• Ability to compose detailed bill of materials for proposals
• Utilize custom metrics and analytics to quickly generate customer quotations
• Work as part of a team of design and manufacturing engineering staff
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 5-10+ years relevant work experience. Transportation composite or other composite experience preferred
Required Skills and Education
- Experienced with composite part fabrication and assembly is required
- Proficient in CATIA V5 R2016 and Solidworks 2015 or later
- All Microsoft Office software including Project 2010 or later
- Great problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work on projects demanding fast production startups
- Project Management: ability to organize and manage multiple products through quotation process
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
- Experience working with high performance teams. Ability to maintain safe work environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in global organization
- Background in business development engineering support
- Experience with composite fabrication methods and processes
- Project management and multi-tasking ability