Application Engineer – Danbury, CT
We Don’t Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We’re the World’s largest tool company. We’re industry visionaries. We’re solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art “smart factory” products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You’re a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience in applications engineering with direct customer interaction.
- Drafting and CAD experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles.
- Experience in joint development and validation.
- Knowledge of metal working manufacturing processes and CNC operation preferred.
- Knowledge of inspection and measuring equipment techniques.
- Strong 3D CAD background and modeling experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills with emphasis on meeting deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
What You’ll Do
As an Application Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of engineering application development for assigned products. Provide support from identification of opportunity through the concept generation, quoting, product development and product validation stages and continue to provide technical support to the customer throughout the life of the product. Specifically, you’ll:
- Assist commercial team in identifying applications and provide technical support on sales calls.
- Work with customers to identify and develop products for their applications.
- Participate in technical presentations to educate and train customers.
- Develop test protocols and support product testing.
- Complete specific customer application validation including joint development, testing and joint design analysis.
- Generation and approval of designs.
- Provide technical support after award of business.
- Provide design guidance and training when necessary.
- Responsible for all product realization deliverables per the Quality Management System (feasibility, design studies, APQP deliverables as required)
- Support engineering department on specific projects to support the overall technical growth of the company.
- Participate in the development of new fastener technologies for the company by identifying potential new products and applications based on experience with customer requirements as well as exposure to other technologies.
- Provide internal training for department personnel.
- Assist purchasing with print requirements to vendors, making sure accurate and adequate information is provided.
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.