Application Engineer - Protection
Provide technical support to the south central region of the United States as an Application Engineer (Protection) with Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories! If you are looking for an opportunity to travel and solve real world technical problems, train customers on SEL products and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast growing global company, then this position is for you!
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Application Engineer (Protection) position to provide technical support to the south central region of the US. If you are looking for an opportunity to travel and solve real world technical problems, train customers on SEL products and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast growing global company, then this position is for you!
The AE position will be located in Houston, TX. The engineer will be supporting customers and providing technical assistance to customers throughout the south central region of the US. Occasional travel may be required to areas outside the south central region, including the corporate office located in Pullman, WA, and throughout the US for teaching and conferences. This position will provide opportunities to share product knowledge and apply your technical expertise to our customers including mentoring associates in your focus field.
Application Engineer - Protection
- Develop expertise in power systems, protection, and all related SEL products.
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses and telephone contact.
- Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Teach and lead in training schools for customers and SEL personnel.
- Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve marketing, sales, and engineering quality procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, support the Regional Technical Manager, and supervise, lead, and develop technical support staff, and serve as the point of contact and decision-maker for your team on technical customer service and support issues.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, manage team schedules, performance reviews, expenses, phone duty, and primary customer responsibilities.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, plan, promote, and organize all territory technical customer visits, SEL University courses, conferences, seminars, customer technical service, and other marketing and sales activities.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- B.S. in ElectricalEngineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 6 years’ experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection
- Demonstrated experience in protection and industry practices
- Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- M.S. in ElectricalEngineering, with emphasis in protection
- Proven expertise in a specific application or discipline
- Published application guides and technical paper at industry conference or in journal
- Experience using SEL products
- Focus Area = Protection
- Protection = system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing