Application Engineer - Protection
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a protection engineering problem-solver to travel and solve real-world technical problems, train customers on SEL products, and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast-growing global company! If you are interested in moving your career toward an exciting and challenging direction, we invite you to apply for the Application Engineer – Protection at SEL!
This position can be located at one of the following locations: our SEL Headquarters in Pullman, WA; Billings, MT; Spokane, WA; Salt Lake City, UT; Boise, ID. From any office, you will support customers located in the Northwest region via phone, email, and customer site visits.
- Maintain and improve knowledge of power systems, protection, and all related SEL products.
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses and telephone contact.
- Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Teach in training schools for customers and SEL personnel.
- Maintain customer database for customer application and quality information.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve marketing, sales, and engineering quality procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in ElectricalEngineering or equivalent degree/work experience
- 3+ years of experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection
- Proven technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with general supervision
- Ability to travel 30%
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- M.S. in ElectricalEngineering, with emphasis in Power Systems/Protection
- Experiencepublishing application guides
- Experience using SEL products